Location: Adelaide, South Australia
We are currently seeking a part-time (3 days a week) professional Technical Writer to join our expanding business. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and work with our development and delivery teams to ensure accuracy of product descriptions.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work and assist in creating, editing, and reviewing comprehensive technical documents such as system configuration instructions, system admin user guides, integration manuals, online help, in-app documents.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals.
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
- Coordinate with developers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the platform, its features and updates.
- Analyse the information elicited to create accurate and reliable material that can be understood by technical and non-technical users.
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for multiple audiences.
- Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing.
- Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialised topics are appropriately addressed and discussed.
- Works with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements
Qualifications and experience
- Graduate of IT or Computer Science, or any computer related course.
- 3+ years in a similar Technical Writer role (essential)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Basic knowledge of Markup language (i.e. HTML, Markdown, etc.) and tools such as GitBook (desirable)
- Experience in a medical / healthcare application development environment (desirable)
What you can bring to the role
- Passion for working in a team based technical environment
- Willingness to find the devil in the detail
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly
- Great planning and organisation approaches
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enthusiasm for finding new ways of solving problems
- Ability to bring the team on a journey to learn what you know
- An interest in technology, always motivated to learn what’s new.
This role is currently 3 days a week however there maybe a possibility of this role becoming a full-time role down the track.
Who are we
Alcidion Group Limited (ASX:ALC) has a simple purpose: to make healthcare better with smart, intuitive solutions that meet the needs of hospital and allied healthcare, worldwide. The Group consists of three healthcare software companies; Alcidion Corporation, Patientrack and Smartpage, and MKM Health, an IT solutions and services provider. With over 25 years of combined healthcare experience, the Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and market knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
If you are passionate about making a difference to our healthcare system and you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals, and you can clearly demonstrate you have the relevant experience then please send us a covering letter and your CV in response to the criteria listed above to email@example.com
Senior Infrastructure and Support Engineer
We’re currently looking to recruit a Senior Infrastructure and Support Engineer to work in our Adelaide office.
The ideal candidate we are looking for will have extensive experience with the following:
- Development of ICT strategy as well as hands-on implementation and support
- Internal company infrastructure management including but not limited to; Workstations, Software tools and licencing, Azure, AWS, Windows server, Linux, Mac, Networking, VPN, Security and Telephony
- Providing managed infrastructure services to key external customers both on premise and in the cloud
- Security policy, implementation and support
- Supporting external healthcare clients with the operation of software solutions
What you can bring to this role:
- Relevant IT qualification
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Healthcare sector experience
- Ability to work autonomously and thrive on delivering the right results
- Experience in managing distributed IT infrastructure across multiple countries
- You can prioritise tasks, work across multiple sites, and have outstanding time management and conflict resolution skills
- You have experience in working in small-medium size organisation
- You have experience in supporting software developers
- You enjoy building high performing teams
Please note the successful candidate may be required to travel occasionally within Australia and must have Australian residency. This role will be located in Adelaide, however if you are currently interstate and looking to move to Adelaide don’t hesitate to apply.
If you are passionate about making a difference to our healthcare system, you are looking to broaden the scope of opportunity you have in healthcare IT and you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals, then please send us a covering letter and your CV in response to the criteria listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org.