The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
The Account Director is responsible for our revenue growth in the United Kingdom and Ireland. They will sell Alcidion solutions to the healthcare sector across this territory while also managing a portfolio of existing accounts in a designated region. The role has high levels of autonomy to act and therefore requires significant experience in selling to the NHS. Reporting to the UK Sales Director, this role will represent Alcidion across the UK.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Generate and close a sales pipeline where most deal values are greater than £1M
- Take overall responsibility (strategic and financial) of delivering steady and sustained growth on your portfolio of accounts
- Build strong relationships with key decision makers in your customer base and potential customers, developing a deep understanding of their challenges and aspirations to devise creative digital solutions that address their needs
- Support our customers in the creation of business cases to secure funding for our solutions
- Negotiate commercial contracts within the parameters of the frameworks on which we transact
- Manage partners within our partner/EPR network to support the sales process
- Represent Alcidion at industry events
- Provide commercial input into the product strategy of the organisation adding a market and customer voice to the planning process
- Assist with the development of the annual marketing plan to ensure the sales and marketing functions are closely aligned and working well together
- Report accurately on key sales metrics for the region
- Other duties as required
Skills and Experience
- High performing salesperson with 5-7 years of proven experience in medical software sales, ideally with enterprise clinical systems. You will be expected to have proven experience of meeting or exceeding your revenue targets on a consistent basis in this sector
- Strong knowledge of NHS buying processes including experience of transacting under frameworks
- Strong phone, written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, where we expect an interactive, open and approachable working style where knowledge is shared
- Work with a great team
- Both on-the-job training and a formal personal development programme
- A competitive salary package
- The opportunity to grow and increasingly assume responsibility for project delivery roles
- The opportunity to work with an innovative organisation on cutting-edge health IT solutions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible work practices
- Enhanced leave entitlements
- A competitive pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Virtual health services including virtual GP, mental health support and nutritionist consultation
- Bike2Work scheme
How to apply
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please apply by submitting your resume along with your OTE salary expectations to email@example.com. To be considered you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.
You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom to be considered for this position.
Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required.
Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply.
No agency enquiries or applications please.