The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
This is a permanent full-time position commencing early 2021. Reporting to our Client Support Manager, the Application Support Officer/Customer Support Advocate will deliver exceptional application support for Alcidion’s diverse and valued client base by providing exceptional customer service and communication to customers.
This position is responsible for achieving successful customer outcomes by:
- Effective triage and troubleshooting of easy to moderately complex Application Support incidents and problems raised by customers to Alcidion’s helpdesk; and
- Liaise with appropriate development teams to resolve potential software issues requiring Level 2/Level 3 escalation.
In this role you will also be required to participate in a fortnightly After-Hours On-Call roster.
- Provide Application Support for customer raised support incidents for a diverse range of in-house and third party developed software solutions for the healthcare industry.
- Liaise with appropriate development teams to achieve successful outcomes for customer raised incidents.
- Prepare for, conduct and document regular operational review meetings with customers.
- Perform all activities in line with the delivery of Alcidion’s Application Support processes and procedures.
- Assist the Client Support Manager to develop application support processes and procedures that can be applied across Alcidion’s support structure and identify areas for improvement.
People and Communication
- Work collaboratively with Alcidion Development and Technical staff to ensure that tasks & activities are coordinated in a timely and effective manner, and in accordance with customer contracted Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Effectively communicate and liaise with customers to gather additional information regarding raised incidents and act as an advocate for customers internally within Alcidion.
- Ensure appropriate, detailed processes are followed to confirm efficient and effective delivery of support operations.
- Escalate and coordinate resolution of customer raised incidents with internal development teams when required.
- Participate in and respond to tasking as notified through Alcidion’s support helpdesk and via the Customer Support Manager.
- Ensure that support operations comply with technical and governance standards.
- Participate in the day-to-day support and rectification of customer raised incidents.
- Respond to and actively resolve to incidents raised through Alcidion’s helpdesk solution.
- Actively engage with customer business representatives to understand their drivers and solution needs.
- Maintain a strong focus on the effective delivery of results for Alcidion and Alcidion’s customers.
- Maintain appropriate configuration standards and procedures for all supported applications and solutions.
- Ensure that appropriate information is exchanged for the effective resolution of customer issues and within agreed timeframes.
- Provide and coordinate application configuration management activities when required.
- Develop appropriate Knowledge Base Articles (KBAs) and contribute to the development of an effective Knowledge Base Solution for Alcidion’s strategic applications and solutions.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Prior experience in an IT service desk environment
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Skills in Microsoft SQL configuration, query analysis and database interrogation.
- Understanding of web technologies and implementing web apps in a Microsoft environment
- Experience in the testing and support of native mobile apps
- Basic understanding of ITIL Principles and standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong service-orientation
How to Apply
To be considered for the role, please submit your resume via our Seek ad Application Support Officer and include a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role and why you are attracted to working for Alcidion.
No agencies please.