The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
The Application Support Officer role exists to deliver exceptional application support for Alcidion’s diverse and valued client base.
This position is responsible for the effective triage and troubleshooting of easy to moderately complex Application support incidents and problems raised by customers to Alcidion’s helpdesk, effective escalation of potential software issues requiring Level 3 escalation and liaison with appropriate development teams to achieve a successful outcome for the customer.
How you will add Value to the Team
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effective troubleshooting and delivery of Level 2/3 Application Support for customer raised support incidents for a diverse range of in-house and third party developed software solutions for the healthcare industry
- Liaise with appropriate development teams to achieve successful outcomes for customer raised incidents
- Act as an advocate for the customer by providing exceptional customer service and communication to the customer at all times
- Prepare for, conduct and document regular operational review meetings with customers
- Perform all activities in line with the delivery of Alcidion’s Application Support processes and procedures
- Assist the Client Support Manager to develop application support processes and procedures that can be applied across Alcidion’s support structure and identify areas for improvement
How you will Best Succeed
With a desire to communicate between internal and external stakeholders as a key point of contact, you will also best succeed with the following:
- Appropriate formal qualifications (Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science)
- Skills in MS SQL and Postgres SQL including interrogation of databases using developed queries
- Understanding of web technologies and implementation web apps in a Microsoft environment
- Experience in the testing and support of native mobile apps
- Understanding of Linux OS and Nagios
- Experience in the support of HL7 integration is highly desirable
Benefits of Working at Alcidion
What will you love about working with Alcidion?
- Flexible working is welcomed and can include flexible start and finish times and work from home options
- Professional development options
- Health & wellbeing initiatives
- A desire to make work life fun!
Statement of Posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia/New Zealand to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record, academic and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
- To keep our employees and customers safe, COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement of employment with Alcidion
- No agency enquiries or applications please
How to Apply
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please follow the below link to apply:
To be considered you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.