Are you looking for your next exciting career move? This could be it! We are currently seeking a Business Analyst to bring their healthcare and / or clinical background and digital experience to our Product Management team.
The Business Analyst role is instrumental in defining and documenting continual product improvements and innovation throughout the product delivery cycle that align with the product vision and strategy. The Business Analyst is a key member of the Product Management team with a broad scope that covers client engagement, product discovery and product delivery. Your healthcare experience and knowledge will be essential in defining the product capabilities we need to deliver to support clinical and administrative workflows with our technology.
Working closely with User Experience Designers, Clinical Product Analysts, Product Leads, Software Engineers and Architects as well as members of the Quality Assurance team, the Business Analyst will define new features that solve our customer’s problems. A key advocate for the product and for our customers, the Business Analyst is detail-oriented and will ensure any feature created is designed and delivered to solve the underlying business problem. This position functions across multiple streams of work, documents workflows and has a strong ability to define clinical and business digital health requirements.
This role is diverse and each day may not look the same! With the opportunity to make this role your own, some key responsibilities will include:
- Provide input from a healthcare perspective to define user stories, workflows and requirements to inform future development
- Share industry knowledge with other business and product analysts to educate them in terms of healthcare requirements and ways of working aligned with a digital perspective
- Work with stakeholders including clients to elicit, document and organise business requirements and translate these into system requirements
- Combine your deep healthcare domain knowledge with a deep knowledge of Alcidion’s product suite capabilities
- Analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver, as needed, Functional Requirements, Business Requirements, Use Cases, User Stories, User Story Maps and Journey Maps
- Liaise with members of the Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure system requirements meet the identified needs
- Work with the Product Management Program Manager to ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed of the progress of product requirements documentation
- Ensure all work is undertaken in alignment with Alcidion’s processes and procedures
- Conduct the necessary testing and systems analysis
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with clients
- Ensure requirements align with regulatory compliance obligations, specifically relating to clinical safety
- Other duties as required
We’re transforming healthcare together
Alcidion develops innovative solutions that address the problems challenging healthcare organisations around the world today. We create modern technologies to provide the answers. We aim to improve the experience of patients and clinicians and directly contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare operations – creating a cycle of continuous improvement.
We love the way we work
Our people are inspired by a shared sense of purpose. We are proud of what we do. Empowered to solve problems, each person’s work contributes to the transformation of healthcare delivery.
We’re not a start-up but a scale-up! This means challenging, broad and varied roles allowing us to grow individually as Alcidion grows, in a company that’s big enough to be global but small enough for our efforts to make a genuine difference.
Flexible working is welcomed and encouraged. It’s not where, when or how we work that’s important, it is the contribution each of us make.
Also on offer are:
- A range of leave options, including gender neutral paid parental leave and miscarriage leave
- Health and wellbeing schemes and initiatives
- Financial perks and discounts.
We care about culture
Overwhelmingly, our people tell us that the best thing about working for Alcidion is our culture, the people that they work with and the sense of purpose. They use words like “family” and “inclusive” to describe our culture and “helpful”, “friendly”, “smart”, “professional” and “caring” to describe their peers and managers.
Strong values are important to us at Alcidion. Our values guide us in our day-to-day work:
- We are Brave
- We are Creative and Innovative
- We Amaze our Customers
- We are a Team
- We Celebrate our Achievements
- We are Optimistic
If you’re passionate about innovative technology and healthcare, a career at Alcidion could be for you.
Your background includes:
- Clinical or administrative experience in hospital or ambulatory care settings
- Previous experience working with healthcare organisations to document business requirements
- Experience collaborating with a range of internal and external stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Ability to clearly document functional requirements including the ability to understand and facilitate the documentation of use cases and workflows
- Exposure to an Agile software development environment
- Understanding of User Experience Design, User-Centred Design and User Interface Design
- Tertiary qualifications in a clinical, healthcare or technology discipline
- Business Analyst certification highly regarded
How to apply
To apply, submit a covering letter explaining why you would love to work for Alcidion and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record, academic and employment history checks as required
- To keep our employees and customers safe, having had primary and booster COVID-19 vaccinations is a requirement of employment with Alcidion, unless a medical exemption applies
- No agency enquiries or applications please