The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
The Cloud Administrator is responsible for the ongoing optimisation, administration and management of Alcidion’s Group IT cloud systems and infrastructure. As a technical expert in all Group IT cloud related infrastructure, systems, technologies, integrations and solutions, this role has an opportunity make a positive impact across the business through technical advice, design, provisioning, deployment and support of solutions, processes and systems affecting cloud services.
The position works on tasks and projects as directed by the Group IT Manager and works closely with the IT team members and our Managed Services, Product Management and Development teams in ensuring the Group IT systems are secure and operating efficiently.
- Proactively ensure cloud systems are operating securely and cost effectively with the highest uptime through the administration, maintenance, upgrade and enhancement of all Cloud based systems
- Optimise cloud costs, solutions and environments in line with latest vendor offerings and technologies
- Complete all routine maintenance tasks as scheduled
- Actively monitor and report on all aspects of the systems from uptime, performance, capacity, logs and alerts
- Maximise systems performance by proactively investigating, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues and incidents
- Build and implement best practices and processes whilst maintaining all internal documentation (manuals, policies, processes and guides)
- Monitor and assist with all IT Service Desk requests relating to all Group IT cloud infrastructure
- Provide technical support, guidance, costs, design and implementation on cloud solutions and services as required
- Manage personal work priorities while leading and developing team members
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders, external service providers and suppliers
Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in design, administration, configuration, migration, monitoring and maintenance of Microsoft Azure technologies such as compute, storage, network, firewalls, database, security, access and services.
- Extensive experience in architecting, provisioning, managing, upgrading and decommissioning cloud solutions from Microsoft Azure
- Strong experience in monitoring and reporting on cloud costs and providing input into improvements
- Experience working with vendors to understand latest technology solutions, architect effective cloud solutions and ensuring cost effective provisioning of services
- Experience implementing and maintaining backup and disaster recovery processes for cloud-based systems
- Experience securing cloud environments through design and configuration
- Able to perform out of business hours implementation, maintenance and support
- Automating tasks and adding towards continuous improvement
- Passionate and demonstrated experience in a customer service role such as Service Desk
- Assist and resolve IT Service Desk requests at all levels relating to cloud infrastructure
- Relevant Microsoft Azure certifications
- Excellent communication, reporting, documentation and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with strong time management skills
- Able to work autonomously whilst being a team player by playing any role to get the job done
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Managed service provider experience
- Experience in a regulated sector (e.g. healthcare, financial)
- Experience in a software development organisation
- Global organisational experience
Statement of Posting:
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
How to apply:
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please apply by submitting your application including your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.