The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
We have a unique opportunity for the right person to join our high performing Managed Services team, to provide installation and ongoing support in the delivery of our Products within Healthcare organisations.
You will be working with our Software Development team to ensure our cloud and on prem based deployments are highly reliable and constantly improving. Understanding of system integration, especially in the health care industry, is highly desirable.
You will be working in a complex environment as part of the delivery team to ensure project timelines are met. This role will require you to have great interpersonal and communication skills, providing a great opportunity to be involved in the ongoing establishment of delivery practices to improve the experience for clients and delivery teams.
How you will add Value to the Team
As the Cloud Support Engineer at Alcidion, the responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Collaborating with delivery teams to develop, schedule, monitor and report on the state of system installations
- Participating in client workshops to capture and determine infrastructure requirements
- Setting up and maintain customer and internal servers
- Installing and upgrading Alcidion solutions and required operating software into client settings
- Becoming a trusted advisor to the business on technical delivery of our software into selected client environments
- Providing recommendations to the product teams on improvements to be made to aid delivery and support
- Being a part of our wider support team to support our customer base and delivery teams
- Documenting of Infrastructure as built documentation for implementation projects
- Monitoring and management of managed customer installations
- Assisting in responding to tenders and support to the sales process as required
- Other duties as required
How you will Best Succeed
As well as being an energetic, team player who is motivated to deliver the highest quality of support, you will also best succeed with:
- Experience in:
- Providing customer facing operational support for critical infrastructure
- Building and operating Linux and Windows server systems
- Application monitoring, log aggregation tools, and infrastructure monitoring of on-premise and cloud systems
- Experience with deployment and operations of:
- Azure and/or AWS IaaS and PaaS
- Containerised and microservice-based applications, preferably with Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of:
- Cloud-native architecture principles
- TCP/IP networking
- Understanding of:
- Contemporary infosec principles and practices
- Release Management and Configuration Management principles and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, where we expect an interactive, open and approachable working style where knowledge is shared
Benefits of Working at Alcidion
What will you love about working with Alcidion?
- Flexible working is welcomed and can include flexible start and finish times and work from home options
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional development options
- A learning culture designed to best utilise each individual’s skill set and cultivate a culture of empowerment
- Health & wellbeing initiatives
- A desire to make work life fun!
Statement of Posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
- To keep our employees and customers safe, COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement of employment with Alcidion
- No agency enquiries or applications please
How to Apply
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please follow this link to apply.
To be considered you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.