The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
As an Experience Designer (UX/UI) you’ll apply your knowledge of user-centred design to deliver the highest quality design solutions. Reporting to the Head of Product Management and working with a team of designers, you will contribute to product initiatives to optimise existing product experiences as well as strategic projects to support business needs ensuring experiences are designed from a user-centred perspective.
You’ll have an eye for detail and enjoy working other designers and a variety of stakeholders across the business and customers in a collaborative environment. You will produce user-centered solutions, interface designs, information architectures, user journeys and style guides. This role is a split between UX and UI and requires both UX and UI skills. Previous experience in Healthcare Design is a bonus.
We have both permanent and fixed-term contract opportunities available. Please state within your application which option you are applying for.
What will you love about working with Alcidion?
- Flexible working is welcomed and can include flexible start and finish times and work from home options
- Professional development options
- Health & wellbeing initiatives
- A desire to make work life fun!
How you will add Value to the Team
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create wireframes and early low-fidelity concepts to meet the customer and business needs
- Create prototypes & finished designs as required to demonstrate interactions for user interface (UI) components and user flows
- Incorporate feedback from user research and multiple stakeholders to improve the designs
- Provide design support to engineering teams
- Manage and execute design activities across multiple products
- Work with wider design team to deliver consistency across practice and products
- Champion a design culture and investigate ways to improve design and user experience across the product
How you will Best Succeed
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a user-centred or user interface design role
- Fluent in user-centred design best practices and experience designing platforms where enhancing user efficiency is a core
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with graphic design tools for high and low fidelity mock-ups
- Proven ability to clearly document design requirements
- Experience working in an agile software development methodology
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
Statement of Posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
How to Apply
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please submit your resume to email@example.com To be considered, please include a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role and why you would love to work for Alcidion.