The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
We have a unique opportunity for the right person to join our high performing engineering team, where passionate engineers have developed a unique cloud-first health information platform from the ground up. As a key member of our Adelaide based Software Development team you will be working with like-minded team members to further develop our platform.
Our micro-service platform runs in Kubernetes in AWS and Azure, our technology stack uses current technologies, and we focus on using the right tool for the job. Our applications are developed using React.js, TypeScript, Node.js, iOS and Android. We are looking for a gun React.js developer, however there may be future opportunities to get involved in other aspects of development such as Android, iOS or even DevOps.
We are visionaries, providing tools to healthcare professionals and organisations that is operationalising the use of Natural Language Processing and Decision Support. Our goal is to work with our customers to transform the way that they deliver healthcare by providing them with the information that they need when they need it to make the correct decisions for patient care.
We have both permanent and fixed-term contract opportunities available. Please state within your application which option you are applying for.
What will you love about working with Alcidion?
- Flexible working is welcomed and can include flexible start and finish times and work from home options
- Professional development options
- Health & wellbeing initiatives
- A desire to make work life fun!
How you will add Value to the Team
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver tested software as part of scheduled sprints
- Work with the team to develop accurate estimates for future work
- Ensure sprint boards are kept up to date to reflect current work state
- Design software and present to team members
- Adhere to Quality Management System processes
- Perform code reviews on submitted Pull Requests
- Participate in training and other activities to enhance and share the knowledge and skills of colleagues
- Provide production support as required
- Other duties as required
How you will Best Succeed
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- You have a passion for excellence and keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and practices. You look beyond what you know to find what is possible
- You are a seasoned developer with:
- Experience working with automated deployment pipelines, utilising tools such Azure DevOps and Git
- You have great interpersonal and communication skills, and enjoy working in an agile, fast paced environment
Statement of Posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
How to Apply
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org To be considered, please include a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role and why you would love to work for Alcidion.