About the role
We are currently seeking a Group Financial Controller to join us on a full-time basis, based in Sydney. You will hit the ground running by using your technical accounting knowledge and commercial experience to lead our finance team. Our team prides themselves on working collaboratively to provide financial shared services to support all departments across the business. Reporting to the Chief Financial Controller, you will have full responsibility for operational accounting systems and processes across our international group.
Day to day you will:
- Manage a team of 5 finance / admin staff as well as outsourced service resources in the UK
- Execute accurate and timely preparation of divisional and group monthly financial reporting
- Manage cash flow forecasting and management including proactive management of project billing, WIP and debtors
- Prepare group budgeting in support of annual business planning
- Manage all Australian, NZ and UK tax, regulatory compliance and reporting
- Implement appropriate internal controls through process improvements
- Manage payroll processing in 3 jurisdictions
- Manage group insurance cover
- Manage property leases
- Manage relationship with external auditors in AU & UK
- Research technical accounting issues to ensure compliance
- Support the CFO as required
- Other duties as required
We’re transforming healthcare together
Alcidion develops innovative solutions that address the problems challenging healthcare organisations around the world today. We create modern technologies to provide the answers. We aim to improve the experience of patients and clinicians and directly contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare operations – creating a cycle of continuous improvement.
We love the way we work
Our people are inspired by a shared sense of purpose. We are proud of what we do. Empowered to solve problems, each person’s work contributes to the transformation of healthcare delivery.
We’re not a start-up but a scale-up! This means challenging, broad and varied roles allowing us to grow individually as Alcidion grows, in a company that’s big enough to be global but small enough for our efforts to make a genuine difference.
Flexible working is welcomed and encouraged. It’s not where, when or how we work that’s important, it is the contribution each of us make.
Also on offer are:
- A range of leave options, including gender neutral paid parental leave and miscarriage leave
- Health and wellbeing schemes and initiatives
- Financial perks and discounts
We care about culture
Overwhelmingly, our people tell us that the best thing about working for Alcidion is our culture, the people that they work with and the sense of purpose. They use words like “family” and “inclusive” to describe our culture and “helpful”, “friendly”, “smart”, “professional” and “caring” to describe their peers and managers.
Strong values are important to us at Alcidion. Our values guide us in our day-to-day work:
- We are Brave
- We are Creative and Innovative
- We Amaze our Customers
- We are a Team
- We Celebrate our Achievements
- We are Optimistic
In additional to the following, you are keen to be part of a great professional team who work in a highly collaborative and collegial manner, you are engaging, confident and flexible in your working style and have strong attention to detail.
Your background includes:
- CA / CPA qualified
- Previous experience in a Group Financial Reporting role with consolidated reporting experience or a senior accountant looking for the next step
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge and expertise across all accounting functions
- Team leader experience
- Commercial understanding allowing you to communicate effectively with business managers
- Strong analytical thinking
- Willingness to be hands-on, with good attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- ASX/listed company experience
- UK GAAP experience
- Exposure to transfer pricing
How to apply
To apply, submit a covering letter explaining why you would love to work for Alcidion and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement of posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position.
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and value the unique backgrounds and experiences of everyone. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the individual contribution that you will bring. First Nations Peoples, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply and bring your full self to work, where you will be supported in your development at all stages of your journey with Alcidion.
- Please indicate within your cover letter if you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process to assist you in being considered for the role.
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record, academic and employment history checks as required.
- No agency enquiries or applications please. Alcidion will not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Alcidion.