The Inside Sales Representative will use their strong phone presence, listening and communication skills to develop and qualify new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls and emails. Working in close partnership with the respective account manager and the wider business, the Inside Sales Representative will generate revenue by preparing small order quotes and following them through to closure.
Although this is not a technical role, both the ability to communicate technical concepts in plain language and an understanding of healthcare workflows are highly desirable. Working as part of the wider sales team, this full time role is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong track record of exceeding quota and a desire to grow their skillset to take the next step in an innovative health technology organisation.
Day to day you will:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Handover of qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure with relevant background information
- Researching accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintaining and expanding the database of prospects within an assigned territory
- Generating revenue by soliciting and obtaining small orders (under $100k) from existing customers through understanding and
- Interpret technical requirements, provide technical information, develop quotations with appropriate timely follow up, provide expected delivery dates and develop accounts in partnership with the appropriate account manager
- Keeping up to date with latest sales collateral, sales messaging, product positioning and healthcare market drivers
- Other duties as required
We’re transforming healthcare together
Alcidion develops innovative solutions that address the problems challenging healthcare organisations around the world today. We create modern technologies to provide the answers. We aim to improve the experience of patients and clinicians and directly contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare operations – creating a cycle of continuous improvement.
We love the way we work
Our people are inspired by a shared sense of purpose. We are proud of what we do. Empowered to solve problems, each person’s work contributes to the transformation of healthcare delivery.
We’re not a start-up but a scale-up! This means challenging, broad and varied roles allowing us to grow individually as Alcidion grows, in a company that’s big enough to be global but small enough for our efforts to make a genuine difference.
Flexible working is welcomed and encouraged. It’s not where, when or how we work that’s important, it is the contribution each of us make.
Also on offer are:
- A range of leave options, including gender neutral paid parental leave and miscarriage leave
- Health and wellbeing schemes and initiatives
- Financial perks and discounts
We care about culture
Overwhelmingly, our people tell us that the best thing about working for Alcidion is our culture, the people that they work with and the sense of purpose. They use words like “family” and “inclusive” to describe our culture and “helpful”, “friendly”, “smart”, “professional” and “caring” to describe their peers and managers.
Strong values are important to us at Alcidion. Our values guide us in our day-to-day work:
- We are Brave
- We are Creative and Innovative
- We Amaze our Customers
- We are a Team
- We Celebrate our Achievements
- We are Optimistic
If you’re passionate about innovative technology and healthcare, a career at Alcidion could be for you. You work well in a team or autonomously and you are engaging, confident and flexible in your working style. You have strong attention to detail and time management skills.
Your background includes:
- Proven B2B inside sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialling dozens of calls per day
- Proficient with collaboration, office productivity and presentation tools
- Experience with CRM tools, e.g. Salesforce, Zoho, Dynamics
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain close working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Consistent desire to learn more about a customer and their objectives
The following are considered desirable:
- Healthcare industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar
- Three to five years of industry sales experience
How to apply
To apply, submit a covering letter explaining why you would love to work for Alcidion along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record, academic and employment history checks as required
- To keep our employees and customers safe, having had primary and booster COVID-19 vaccinations is a requirement of employment with Alcidion, unless a medical exemption applies
- No agency enquiries or applications please