The Lead Data Architect will use their extensive experience in designing and deploying data architecture for healthcare to lead the technical development of productised analytics solutions to be deployed to healthcare customers. In addition, the Lead Data Architect will support business development efforts, bespoke solution development, and leading a team of data engineers to deliver advanced analytics projects. More broadly, this full time role will also entail the development and maintenance of data architecture standards and expert advice across the Alcidion business.
Day to day you will:
- Lead the establishment of effective governance and management of data architecture
- Lead the work of Alcidion’s data engineering team, growing the skills of the team members
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Alcidion data technology roadmap to support delivery of solutions for Alcidion’s customers
- Translate high-level business requirements into data models and appropriate metadata
- Delivering, managing, architecting complex data solutions whilst implementing, best practices for the Data technology and solution eco-system following correct frameworks and standards
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies for data management and analytics, maturing the team and the data architecture practice
- Engage with relevant stakeholders of the data architecture, and maintain strong, enduring relationships across the broader leadership, engineering and cloud teams
- Support business development efforts in a technical capacity to respond to data architecture and business intelligence requirements
- Other duties as required
We’re transforming healthcare together
Alcidion develops innovative solutions that address the problems challenging healthcare organisations around the world today. We create modern technologies to provide the answers. We aim to improve the experience of patients and clinicians and directly contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare operations – creating a cycle of continuous improvement.
We love the way we work
Our people are inspired by a shared sense of purpose. We are proud of what we do. Empowered to solve problems, each person’s work contributes to the transformation of healthcare delivery.
We’re not a start-up but a scale-up! This means challenging, broad and varied roles allowing us to grow individually as Alcidion grows, in a company that’s big enough to be global but small enough for our efforts to make a genuine difference.
Flexible working is welcomed and encouraged. It’s not where, when or how we work that’s important, it is the contribution each of us make.
Also on offer are:
- A range of leave options, including gender neutral paid parental leave and miscarriage leave
- Health and wellbeing schemes and initiatives
- Financial perks and discounts
We care about culture
Overwhelmingly, our people tell us that the best thing about working for Alcidion is our culture, the people that they work with and the sense of purpose. They use words like “family” and “inclusive” to describe our culture and “helpful”, “friendly”, “smart”, “professional” and “caring” to describe their peers and managers.
Strong values are important to us at Alcidion. Our values guide us in our day-to-day work:
- We are Brave
- We are Creative and Innovative
- We Amaze our Customers
- We are a Team
- We Celebrate our Achievements
- We are Optimistic
You work well in a team or autonomously and you are engaging, confident and flexible in your working style. You have strong attention to detail, and time management skills.
Your background includes:
- 10 years in data engineering roles, with at least 5 of those in a senior data architect role
- Experience in the design and delivery of complex data environments in healthcare
- Experience in data acquisition in healthcare, both on prem and cloud deployments
- Track record in the design and delivery of application and infrastructure service requirements
- A comprehensive understand of how to estimate and manage delivery of complex data environments in healthcare
- Experience with managing risks and requirements within constraints and retain focus on delivering value
- Experience with the following technologies:
- SQL Server (on-prem) and Azure e.g. SQL Server Hyperscale, SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL DB
- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Data Factory, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Synapse
- Azure Storage e.g. Data Lake Gen2, Azure Blob Storage
- Transact-SQL (T-SQL) and Python
- Data Warehousing, OLAP, OLTP
- Power BI, Qlik and Tableau
- Data modelling – Kimbal, Inmon and Data Vault
How to apply
To apply, please submit a covering letter explaining why you would love to work for Alcidion along with your CV using this link.
Statement of Posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
- Please indicate within your cover letter if you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process to assist you in being considered for the role
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record, academic and employment history checks as required
- To keep our employees and customers safe, having had primary and booster COVID-19 vaccinations is a requirement of employment with Alcidion, unless a medical exemption applies
- No agency enquiries or applications please. Alcidion will not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Alcidion