The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
Reporting to the Clinical Consultant as a Product Specialist you will be a product super user and will work closely with our customers to deploy the Miya Precision product suite to a clinical setting. During the course of your interactions with our customers you will lead in the capture and validation of their future requirements. You will then translate them and feed the requirements into our product roadmaps.
You will keep up to date with market requirements to help shape the future direction of Alcidion’s products. The Product Specialist evaluates and prioritises existing ideas and develops new concepts based on industry experience.
- Be the product lead on customer deliveries providing product training and configuration in line with Trust processes
- Work with the sales support function to respond to procurements and conduct demonstrations of the products
- Run user groups and co-ordinate and control customer requirements, assess feasibility of such requirements and where applicable convert into user stories
- Work with the Clinical Consultant to understand, maintain and prioritise new feature development across Alcidion’s product portfolio for the UK market
- Manage Alcidion’s products through the full Software Product Lifecycle ensuring that they are developed according to market needs
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
- Work with the product management and design groups to understand work and drive a solution set across development teams through market requirements, product roadmaps and positioning
- Work with Marketing to ensure that our proposition and messaging to the market are aligned with customers’ buying processes
- Analyse potential partner relationships for the product
The position would ideally suit someone with:
- Clinical qualification and experience working in a clinical setting
- Experience in a product specialist role in a Healthcare IT company
- Experience in working on large cross functional initiatives or projects such as EPR or PAS deployments
- Knowledge of product development lifecycle methodologies
- Knowledge of how to effectively conduct market research and market modelling
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to define complex problems and creatively frame solutions
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to define complex problems and apply lateral thinking to determine resolutions
- Ability to contribute to both strategic and tactical decisions
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, where we promote an interactive, open and approachable working style where knowledge is shared
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a desire to continue learning and development to continually strive to improve self and work practices
- Proven written communication skills with relation to technical and process-based documentation
- Strong work ethic, with an understanding of how your behaviour impacts the team and a willingness to deliver on your commitments
- Opportunity to work with a great team
- Both on-the-job training and a formal personal development programme
- Competitive salary package
- Potential to grow and increasingly assume responsibility for broader product roles
- Opportunity to work with an innovative organisation on cutting-edge healthcare IT solutions
- Employee Assistance Programme
How to apply
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please apply by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.
You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom to be considered for this position.
Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required.
Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply.
No agency enquiries or applications please.