The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced Information Technology Project Manager with a strong background in healthcare to join our friendly and energetic Service Delivery team.
In this role you will lead or contribute to projects across a range of products and services, demanding strong project delivery capability, stakeholder engagement and strong customer relationship skills. You will work with customers in the public sector as well as private health service providers and must be competent to liaise with diverse stakeholder groups at all levels, as well as technical teams, product and business owners.
Healthcare sector experience on IT projects is essential, preferably relating to software implementation in acute hospital settings. The position suits someone with Project Management or IT qualifications who has been working in a health IT project delivery or management role. An understanding of the Australian and New Zealand healthcare environments is highly desirable.
You will be a self-starter with a desire for challenging opportunities to broaden your healthcare IT experience, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good analytical and problem-solving abilities, strong administrative skills and a passion for making a difference to the provision of healthcare using technology.
The role may require travel within Australia and New Zealand. You must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
- Project Management including budgeting, resourcing and team leadership, governance, status reporting and risk management
- Stakeholder engagement including managing workshops
- Contribution to the sales process including responding to Requests for Proposal (RFQ) and the development of proposal documentation
- Contribution to organisational process and growth
- Identify business requirements
- Process mapping and analysis
- Continuous development and system configuration
- Data migration and integration
- Data analytics
- Implementation of health software applications
Skills and Experience
The position would ideally suit someone with:
- Degree level education (or equivalent)
- Business, health or IT tertiary qualification
- Project Management certification
- Change Management certification (desirable)
- 5+ years’ post-graduation experience
- IT project or management role involving the successful delivery of IT projects.
- Project management
- Health IT experience within acute hospital environments
- Experience with clinical systems used and being implemented in Australia and New Zealand health systems
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies, lifecycles, disciplines and procedures, including MS Project
- Knowledge of specific health IT systems including clinical EMR, Pharmacy, Radiology and Pathology applications etc.
- Proven ability to liaise with diverse stakeholder groups at all levels and work with technical teams, product and business owners
- Building and managing customer relationships
- Conducting workshops
- Report writing and Presentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Team leadership
- Business analysis skills including business requirements gathering, process mapping and analysis, defining system/software requirements, scoping and planning systems integration requirements, scoping and planning data migration
- Knowledge of the functional software configuration process to meet business requirements
- User engagement and training
- Assisting with testing of systems
- Business case development
Statement of Posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
How to Apply
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please submit your resume via the Seek ad below:
To be considered you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.