The primary focus of the Release Manager role is to ensure the successful delivery of software changes across the Alcidion suite of products into production.
Software releases typically comprise of multiple independent projects, enhancements and production support fixes. The Release Manager will monitor the scope of each of the changes targeted for a given release and ensure that key readiness milestones are achieved.
This role will work closely with Product Management, Development and Test Teams to ensure timely delivery of software releases while maintaining regular communication with Service Delivery Teams of expected release timelines.
To be successful in this role, the applicant should have excellent time management and prioritisation skills as they will often be working on activities covering multiple releases at varying delivery points in parallel.
The primary focus areas of the role include:
- Engage all stakeholders to understand the scope of change for a given release
- Create and maintain deployment and release plans and documentation including release notes
- Maintain and distribute draft and final release candidates for every release
- Work with Product Management, Development and Test Teams to establish and execute release plans
- Plan and coordinate the technical dress rehearsals
- Prepare for and facilitate go/no-go meetings with Product Management, Development and Test Teams’ stakeholders
- Assess the dependencies and interoperability across the Alcidion product suite as it relates to a release ensuring that appropriate controls are in place for a successful implementation
- Identify and manage risks that could delay releases including determination of appropriate mitigation
- Maintain regular communication with Service Delivery Teams to ensure they are aware of the status of product releases
- Coordinate activities on release days to ensure compliance with approved processes
We’re transforming healthcare together
Alcidion develops innovative solutions that address the problems challenging healthcare organisations around the world today. We create modern technologies to provide the answers. We aim to improve the experience of patients and clinicians and directly contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare operations – creating a cycle of continuous improvement.
We love the way we work
Our people are inspired by a shared sense of purpose. We are proud of what we do. Empowered to solve problems, each person’s work contributes to the transformation of healthcare delivery.
We’re not a start-up but a scale-up! This means challenging, broad and varied roles allowing us to grow individually as Alcidion grows, in a company that’s big enough to be global but small enough for our efforts to make a genuine difference.
Flexible working is welcomed and encouraged. It’s not where, when or how we work that’s important, it is the contribution each of us make.
Also on offer are:
- A range of leave options, including gender neutral paid parental leave and miscarriage leave
- Health and wellbeing schemes and initiatives
- Financial perks and discounts
We care about culture
Overwhelmingly, our people tell us that the best thing about working for Alcidion is our culture, the people that they work with and the sense of purpose. They use words like “family” and “inclusive” to describe our culture and “helpful”, “friendly”, “smart”, “professional” and “caring” to describe their peers and managers.
Strong values are important to us at Alcidion. Our values guide us in our day-to-day work:
- We are Brave
- We are Creative and Innovative
- We Amaze our Customers
- We are a Team
- We Celebrate our Achievements
- We are Optimistic
If you are passionate about innovative technology and healthcare, a career at Alcidion could be for you.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in release management or IT project management
- Applicants should have practical experience implementing technology change, with a strong understanding of the current processes and tools required to support system implementations in a DevOps environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Job Specific Capabilities:
- Ability to multi-task and manage activities on multiple releases concurrently
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Ability to foster a continuous improvement culture via a focus on innovation and process
- Strong understanding of IT change and delivery methodologies
- Strong problem solving, planning, and organisational skills, which brings a systematic approach to release management
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong consulting and presentation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships
How to Apply
To apply, submit a covering letter explaining why you would love to work for Alcidion and your CV using the following links:
Statement of Posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record, academic and employment history checks as required
- To keep our employees and customers safe, having had primary and booster COVID-19 vaccinations is a requirement of employment with Alcidion, unless a medical exemption applies
- No agency enquiries or applications please