We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic Security Consultant to join our collaborative IT team in supporting our global organisation. As the Security Consultant, you will work closely with our stakeholders to enhance all aspects of the cybersecurity practices at Alcidion from leading our cybersecurity awareness program, providing guidance to security policies, managing incidents to implementing security platforms.
Day to day you will:
- Assist with the delivery of our cybersecurity strategy
- Ensuring the company adheres to agreed security standards and compliance requirements
- Designing and developing security controls, policies and procedures
- Managing, reporting and remediating cyber incidents and vulnerabilities
- Provide technical assistance on security related tasks, projects and queries
- Perform and/or assist with security due diligence, risk assessments and auditing processes
- Provide ongoing cyber security awareness training to all staff
- Actively monitoring and resolving security alerts or issues across all our systems
- Maintain and enhance all security documentation
- Advise on counter measures to emerging cyber threats
- Implement security technology platforms
The role will work on projects that improves our cybersecurity systems and processes. Projects include delivering compliance requirements such as ISO 27001, cyber awareness systems, monitoring and alerting systems along with the processes and procedures around them.
We’re transforming healthcare together
Alcidion develops innovative solutions that address the problems challenging healthcare organisations around the world today. We create modern technologies to provide the answers. We aim to improve the experience of patients and clinicians and directly contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare operations – creating a cycle of continuous improvement.
We love the way we work
Our people are inspired by a shared sense of purpose. We are proud of what we do. Empowered to solve problems, each person’s work contributes to the transformation of healthcare delivery.
We’re not a start-up but a scale-up! This means challenging, broad and varied roles allowing us to grow individually as Alcidion grows, in a company that’s big enough to be global but small enough for our efforts to make a genuine difference.
Flexible working is welcomed and encouraged. It’s not where, when or how we work that’s important, it is the contribution each of us make.
Also on offer are:
- A range of leave options, including gender neutral paid parental leave and miscarriage leave
- Health and wellbeing schemes and initiatives
- Financial perks and discounts
We care about culture
Overwhelmingly, our people tell us that the best thing about working for Alcidion is our culture, the people that they work with and the sense of purpose. They use words like “family” and “inclusive” to describe our culture and “helpful”, “friendly”, “smart”, “professional” and “caring” to describe their peers and managers.
Strong values are important to us at Alcidion. Our values guide us in our day-to-day work:
- We are Brave
- We are Creative and Innovative
- We Amaze our Customers
- We are a Team
- We Celebrate our Achievements
- We are Optimistic
You are a seasoned security professional with experience in industry best practice frameworks across all IT infrastructure, systems, applications, and software development. You have experience in implementing these frameworks, policies and processes within the organisational culture whilst providing guidance to other teams and projects on best practices in their respective areas.
You love working in complex environments, are highly collaborative, have great interpersonal and communication skills whilst enjoy being part of a fast-paced team.
Your background includes:
- Significant experience in security consultant or cybersecurity roles
- Proven experience in ensuring organisational security adherence and compliance
- Proven ability to lead an incident or breach response end to end from identification, communication and investigation to remediation
- Experience developing and maintaining security policies and procedures
- Experience implementing and maintaining ISO 27001 and GDPR compliance
- Developing and delivering organisational cyber awareness training
- Experience in configuring, monitoring, and maintaining the security of systems such as Microsoft technologies (Windows, Office 365, Azure), end point management systems (DLP, MDM, AV), AWS, Firewalls (IPS, IDS), Email gateways, Web Proxy, networking systems (VPN) and other related tools and technologies.
- Solid understanding of and experience in performing risk-based security assessments across an organisation and associated technologies.
- Effective maintenance of security documentation, registers and records.
- Knowledge of security related regulatory requirements, security frameworks and best practices.
- Passionate about and demonstrated experience in customer service.
- Strong communication, co-ordination and problem-solving skills.
- Experience performing and managing out of business hours security monitoring, incident detection, and resolution.
How to apply
To apply, submit a covering letter explaining why you would love to work for Alcidion along with your CV.
Statement of posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record, academic and employment history checks as required
- To keep our employees and customers safe, having had primary and booster COVID-19 vaccinations is a requirement of employment with Alcidion, unless a medical exemption applies
- No agency enquiries or applications please