The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the ongoing optimisation, administration and management of Alcidion’s Group IT systems and infrastructure. As a technical expert in all Group IT software, hardware, architecture and integrations, this role has an opportunity to make a positive impact across the business through advice, implementation and support requests on solutions, processes and systems.
The position works on tasks and projects as directed by the Group IT Manager and works closely with the IT team members and key internal stakeholders across the business, along with external suppliers, in ensuring the IT systems are secure and operating efficiently.
- Proactively ensure systems are operating securely and efficiently with the highest uptime through the administration, maintenance, upgrade and enhancement of all IT systems (workstations, servers, software, server rooms and equipment)
- Complete all routine maintenance tasks as scheduled
- Actively monitor and effectively communicate and report on all aspects of the systems from incidents, outages, uptime, performance, capacity, logs and alerts
- Maximise systems performance by proactively investigating, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Implement best practices and maintain internal systems documentation (manuals, policies, processes and guides)
- Assist and resolve IT Service Desk requests at all levels
- Provide technical guidance and implementation of IT projects, solutions and tools as required
- Manage personal work priorities whilst leading and developing team members
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders, external service providers and suppliers
Skills & Experience
- Hands on experience in administering, configuring and maintaining an IT environment from servers, network, software, workstations and server room environments (on-premise and cloud)
- Extensive experience implementing and managing Microsoft cloud and on-premise technologies such as Office 365, Windows server, desktop
- Significant experience implementing and maintaining backup and disaster recovery systems
- Experience implementing and managing security processes and tools such as firewalls, AV, email gateway systems, DLP technologies
- Experience developing and managing a mobile Microsoft Windows fleet (updates, patches, mobile device management, hardware replacement and software deployments)
- Experience networking and communications technologies such as routing and configuration (routing tables, VPN, switching), internet migrations and IP telephony systems.
- Strong server room management experience including migrating, installing, updating and maintaining Windows server, VMware hypervisors, SAN equipment, telephony and server room environments
- Passionate and demonstrated experience in a customer service role such as Service Desk
- Experience in the delivery of IT solutions from user communications to backend configuration
- Automate tasks and contribute to continuous improvement
- Excellent communication, reporting, documentation and problem-solving skills
- Experience performing out of business hours implementation, maintenance and support
- High attention to detail with strong time management skills
- Able to work autonomously whilst being a team player by playing any role to get the job done
- PowerShell, scripting and coding solutions
- Relevant Microsoft and industry certifications
- Managed and maintained systems with 150+ users
- Experience with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
- Experience in a regulated sector (e.g. healthcare, financial)
- Experience in a software development organisation
- Global organisational experience
Statement of Posting:
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
How to apply:
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please apply by submitting your application including your resume to email@example.com. To be considered you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.