The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focussed team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
We have a unique opportunity for a technical all-rounder to join our collaborative IT team in supporting and implementing solutions across our global IT systems. As a senior member of the IT team, you will be the go to person for all things technical IT as you will be involved in various aspects, ranging from user support, systems admin duties, systems implementation, server hardware configuration and technical guidance on projects to establishing best practices, and implementing technical solutions across our organisation.
Your responsibilities include:
- Monitor and resolve all support tickets within agreed service levels
- Actively monitor, maintain and administer all IT systems to ensure they are operating efficiently and securely.
- Provide technical guidance on projects, requests, and tickets
- Develop and execute IT processes and procedures
- Deploy laptops, workstations, servers, and configure server and network infrastructure
- Ensure all application, systems and infrastructure are updated and patched regularly
- Implement systems and solutions to improve IT services globally
- Maintain technical documentation
- Other duties as required
You are a driven senior level IT all-rounder with a systems engineering or systems administration background and know what it takes to administer an IT environment with a mix of on premise and cloud technologies. You have experience in supporting and administering all levels of an organisation’s IT systems such as resolving all levels of support, performing systems administration duties and delivery of technical solutions.
You love working in complex environments, have great interpersonal and communication skills, and enjoy being part of a fast-paced team.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a senior systems engineer and/or systems administrator role
- Extensive experience in managing Microsoft technologies such as Microsoft Office 365 suite (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, ATP), Microsoft server technologies (Group Policy, AD, DNS, DHCP, SQL, SCCM), Microsoft Azure (AAD Connect, Azure AD) and associated technologies.
- Significant experience in implementing and maintaining backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Experience in implementing and managing security systems such as firewalls, AV, email gateway systems, DLP technologies.
- Experience in developing and managing a mobile Microsoft Windows fleet (updates, patches, mobile device management and software deployments)
- Experience in networking and communications technologies such as routing and configuration (routing tables, VPN, switching), internet migrations and IP telephony systems.
- Strong server room management experience including migrating, installing, updating, and maintaining windows server, VMware hypervisors, SAN equipment and server room environments.
- Service desk experience
- Passionate and demonstrated experience in customer service
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication, documentation, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in performing and managing out of business hours implementation, maintenance, and support
- Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
- PowerShell and scripting solutions
- Experience in working in a regulated sector such as healthcare or financial
- Experience in working in a software development organisation
- Global organisational experience.
How to apply:
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please submit your resume via our Seek ad Senior Systems Administrator. To be considered for this role you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion.
No Agency Applications will be accepted.