About the role
We have a unique opportunity for the right person to join our high performing Site Reliability Engineering team to build, maintain and operate the platforms which underpin delivery of our products within Healthcare organisations.
You will work in a complex environment with our Software Development, Technical Services, Consulting, Support and Delivery teams to ensure our cloud and on prem based deployments are highly reliable, constantly improving and project timelines are met.
This role will require you to have great interpersonal and communication skills. It provides a great opportunity to be involved in the ongoing establishment of delivery practices to improve the experience for clients and delivery teams.
Day to day you will:
- Work with internal and external customers to complete service requests, respond to incidents, provide guidance, resolve problems and eliminate recurring problems.
- Improve and extend our platforms and tools to reduce manual work, avoid risk, improve reliability and streamline requests from internal customers.
- Gain a deep understanding of how our platforms and products operate in real production environments and share knowledge with our Support team to increase resolution of incidents on first contact.
We’re transforming healthcare together
Alcidion develops innovative solutions that address the problems challenging healthcare organisations around the world today. We create modern technologies to provide the answers. We aim to improve the experience of patients and clinicians and directly contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare operations – creating a cycle of continuous improvement.
We love the way we work
Our people are inspired by a shared sense of purpose. We are proud of what we do. Empowered to solve problems, each person’s work contributes to the transformation of healthcare delivery.
We’re not a start-up but a scale-up! This means challenging, broad and varied roles allowing us to grow individually as Alcidion grows, in a company that’s big enough to be global but small enough for our efforts to make a genuine difference.
Flexible working is welcomed and encouraged. It’s not where, when or how we work that’s important, it is the contribution each of us make.
Also on offer are:
- A range of leave options, including gender neutral paid parental leave and miscarriage leave
- Health and wellbeing schemes and initiatives
- Financial perks and discounts.
We care about culture
Overwhelmingly, our people tell us that the best thing about working for Alcidion is our culture, the people that they work with and the sense of purpose. They use words like “family” and “inclusive” to describe our culture and “helpful”, “friendly”, “smart”, “professional” and “caring” to describe their peers and managers.
Strong values are important to us at Alcidion. Our values guide us in our day-to-day work:
- We are Brave
- We are Creative and Innovative
- We Amaze our Customers
- We are a Team
- We Celebrate our Achievements
- We are Optimistic
If you’re passionate about innovative technology and healthcare, a career at Alcidion could be for you.
To be successful in this role, you will need to work well in a team or autonomously and be engaging, confident and flexible in your working style. You will have strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
- Experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT, or equivalent experience in healthcare IT
- Experience with deployment and operation of containerised and microservice-based applications, preferably with Kubernetes
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS or Google Cloud), DevOps, Continuous Integration, Azure Pipelines and Terraform
- Experience in multiple Operating Systems including Windows Server and Linux
How to apply
To apply, submit a covering letter explaining why you would love to work for Alcidion and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement of posting
- You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom to be considered for this position.
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and value the unique backgrounds and experiences of everyone. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the individual contribution that you will bring in terms of your culture, ethnicity, race, colour, nationality, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, age, languages spoken, faith and beliefs. We encourage you to apply and bring your full self to work, where you will be supported in your development at all stages of your journey with Alcidion.
- Please indicate within your cover letter if you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process to assist you in being considered for the role.
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record, academic and employment history checks as required.
- No agency enquiries or applications please. Alcidion will not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Alcidion.