The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
Are you looking for a role where you can make real, tangible impacts on software quality?
Are you ready to take your work to the next level by working with the team to deliver our quality processes as we work through exciting improvements?
We are ready to welcome someone who is passionate about joining our team of testers, to master our products, be a knowledge expert and take on the challenge of being the final gate before release.
The Alcidion software development team runs in an Agile Manner, based on the SCRUM methodology. Continuous Integration and continuous deployment leverages Microsoft DevOps and Git.
This role will initially be primarily focussed on providing manual testing support however we have a strong desire to automate our testing practice.
How you will add Value to the Team
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing, writing and executing manual tests leveraging Azure DevOps
- Contributing to all aspects of our testing procedures including Functional, Non-Functional, Integration and Regression testing
- Assist in the population of test data to test specific scenarios
- Supporting the triage and prioritisation process of bug capture and resolution
- Reporting of testing outcomes and escalation of risks
- Assisting in configuring and managing test environments
- Working with peers to improve all aspects of testing
How you will Best Succeed
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Computer Science, IT or similar qualification is preferred, or equivalent experience with software testing certification
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Technically astute with ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Basic SQL Skills
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development and delivery techniques
- Knowledge of API or web service testing
- Experience in a medical or healthcare application development environment will be highly desirable
Benefits of Working at Alcidion
What will you love about working with Alcidion?
- Flexible working is welcomed and can include flexible start and finish times and work from home options
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional development options
- A learning culture designed to best utilise each individual’s skill set and cultivate a culture of empowerment
- Health & wellbeing initiatives
- A desire to make work life fun!
Statement of Posting
- You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
- To keep our employees and customers safe, COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement of employment with Alcidion
- No agency enquiries or applications please
How to Apply
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please follow this link to apply.
To be considered you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.