The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
We are looking for a Software Quality Lead to work with both our testing and services teams to provide test leadership for a large scale implementation project. Working closely with the software development team, project team and testing team this is a key role helping to identify, estimate, design, write, execute and maintain test cases for the project implementation.
The Alcidion software development team runs in an agile manner, based on the SCRUM methodology. Continuous Integration and continuous deployment leverages Microsoft DevOps and Git.
This role will initially be focused on functional testing of software implementation for large scale project with specific client needs. Experience with testing such as HL7 or FHIR Integration and familiarity with API or web service testing will be essential. Experience in a clinical setting or with healthcare applications would be an advantage to understanding our products and software compliance requirements.
How you will add Value to the Team
The key responsibilities of the Software Quality Lead include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with project and product teams to manage and analyse requirements to ensure testing traceability back to agreed business requirements and solution
- Development of implementation project test strategies and plans
- Designing, writing and executing manual tests leveraging Azure DevOps
- Contributing to all aspects of our testing procedures including Functional, Non-functional, Integration and Regression testing
- Managing the triage and prioritisation process of bug capture and resolution for test program
- Reporting of testing outcomes and test summary reports and escalation of risks
- Management of configuring and managing test environments and test data
How you will Best Succeed
With the willingness to find the devil in the detail in order to always learn what is new, the ideal candidate will thrive by leading others towards the common goal of finding what might break our software and making things better!
- Computer Science, IT or similar qualification is preferred
- 5+ years in a software testing
- Experience in running large scale testing program that included integrated systems, various stakeholders and multiple teams
- Experience is developing testing strategies and plans
- Knowledge of FHIR or HL7 messaging
- Technically astute, and able to pick up new technologies quickly
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development and delivery techniques
- Ability to analyse large volumes of data in order to validate against agreed requirements
- SoapUI or other API/web service testing tool
- Familiarity with Mirth (or other Health care integration engines)
- Experience with relational database management tools e.g., Microsoft SQL
- High level social and written skills with ability to communicate with team members and stakeholders
Benefits of working at Alcidion
What will you love about working with Alcidion?
- Flexible working is welcomed and can include flexible start and finish times and work from home options
- Professional development options
- Health & wellbeing initiatives
- A desire to make work life fun!
Statement of Posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
- To keep our employees and customers safe, COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement of employment with Alcidion
- No agency enquiries or applications please
How to Apply
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered you must also include a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role and why you would love to work for Alcidion.