The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the ongoing optimisation, administration and management of Alcidion’s Group IT systems and infrastructure.
As a technical expert in all Group IT software, hardware, architecture, and integrations, this role has an opportunity to make a positive impact across the business through advice, implementation and support requests on solutions, processes, and systems.
The position works on tasks and projects as directed by the Group IT Manager and works closely with the IT team members and key internal stakeholders across the business, along with external suppliers, in ensuring the IT systems are secure and operating efficiently.
- Proactively ensure systems are operating securely and efficiently through the administration, maintenance, upgrade, and enhancement of all IT systems with a primary focus on UK workstations, endpoints, systems, servers and office IT equipment
- Monitor and resolve IT Service Desk requests at all levels as the first point of contact
- Complete all routine maintenance tasks as scheduled
- Actively monitor and effectively communicate and report on required aspects of the systems from incidents, outages, uptime, performance, capacity, logs, and alerts
- Ensure systems are secure and meets compliance requirements
- Implement best practices and maintain internal systems documentation (manuals, policies, processes, and guides) in alignment with Group IT requirements
- Provide technical assistance and implementation of IT projects, solutions, and tools as required
- Managing personal work priorities within agreed deadlines
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders, external service providers and suppliers
Skills & Experience
- Passionate and demonstrated experience in a customer service role such as IT Service Desk
- Experience in administering, configuring, and maintaining an IT environment from servers, network, software, workstations, and server room environments (on prem and cloud)
- Experience in using Microsoft cloud and on-premise technologies such as Office 365, Windows server, Windows desktop, Active Directory, Microsoft Azure
- Strong experience in supporting and maintaining a mobile Microsoft Windows fleet with associated technologies (updates, patches, mobile device management, hardware replacement and software deployments)
- Experience in server room management including migrating, installing, updating, and maintaining Windows server, hypervisors, server equipment, telephony, and server equipment
- Experience in maintaining backup and disaster recovery systems
- Experience in administering security processes and tools such as firewalls, AV, email gateway systems
- Experience in the delivery of IT solutions from user communications to backend configuration
- Excellent communication, reporting, documentation, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in performing out of business hours implementation, maintenance, and support
- High attention to detail with strong time management skills
- Able to work autonomously whilst being a team player by playing any role to get the job done
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Experience in implementation, administration, and management of appropriate local standards and accreditations (I.e.Cyber Essentials)
- Experience in networking and communications technologies such as routing and configuration (routing tables, VPN, switching), internet migrations and IP telephony systems
- Experience in configuring, supporting and deploying Linux based systems
- Experience of managing and maintaining AWS environments
- Relevant Microsoft and industry certifications
- Managed and maintained systems with 50+ users
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
- Experience in a regulated sector (healthcare, financial)
- Experience in a software development organisation
Statement of Posting:
- You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
- No agency enquiries or applications please
How to apply:
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please apply by submitting your resume along with your OTE salary expectations to email@example.com.
To be considered for this role you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.