The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focused team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with our development and delivery teams to ensure accuracy of product descriptions.
This exciting opportunity is on a fixed-term basis, for a contract length of 24 months.
What will you love about working with Alcidion?
- Flexible working is welcomed and can include flexible start and finish times and work from home options
- Professional development options
- Health & wellbeing initiatives
- A desire to make work life fun!
How you will add Value to the Team
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work and assist in creating, editing, and reviewing comprehensive technical documents such as system configuration guides, user guides, integration manuals, technical installation guides, online help and ‘what’s new’ documentation
- Plan, develop, organise, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications
- Produce documentation in a variety of formats to suit the target audience
- Coordinate with developers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the platform, its features and updates
- Analyse the information elicited to create accurate and reliable material that can be understood by technical and non-technical users
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for multiple audiences
- Prepare or commission graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Meet with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialised topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Work with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements
- Other duties as required
How you will Best Succeed
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Graduate of IT or Computer Science, or any computer related course
- 3+ years in a similar Technical Writer role
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Passion for working in a team based technical environment
- Willingness to find the devil in the detail
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly
- Great planning and organisation approaches
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enthusiasm for finding new ways of solving problems
- Ability to bring the team on a journey to learn what you know
- An interest in technology, always motivated to learn what’s new
Statement of Posting
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position
- Prospective employees will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which may include referee, criminal record and employment history checks as required
- Alcidion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage all interested applicants to apply
How to Apply
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org To be considered, please include a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role and why you would love to work for Alcidion.